A request came in for this one--happy to oblige! Here's Bucky Covington and his excellent band performing a very soulful "Unchain My Heart" in Mesa, AZ back in November. Thanks for writing, and thanks to SweetieGoy at YouTube for some great videography...
Two fun memories of last weekend's LHS Country Showdown celebration are posted at the High Plains Daily Leader site today; check out Bucky and a very special guest (awww!) on stage, and enjoy this striking shot from Bucky and his band's Showdown show by Jessica Crawford.
All's quiet on the Western front so far this chilly Tuesday (y'all know what usually happens when we say that) so we'll post a couple of quick reminders, including this note about a spring show you won't want to miss. Bucky and his band will be performing at Prospectors in Mount Laurel, NJ on May 15th. Looks like Bucky's fans in NJ will be starting their season off with a fine party this year--keep it tuned to 92.5 XTU and bookmark Prospectors' event page for updates...
And of course, that Bucky Covington concert sensation is yours on demand via the excellent "Gotta Be Somebody" music video! Vote for Bucky at GAC's Top 20 Country Countdown, and request him at your local country station, too. More very soon!
I love Bucky's version of "Unchain My Heart". If they were going to release a single of a cover that is not all that country, I wish this had been the choice.
ReplyDeleteWhen you think about what's going on in country radio at the moment...you've got a point. It's a classic, and there was (and is) a good bit of overlap when it comes to country fans and Ray Charles fans. (I really, really like Bucky's husky voice on this song, too--it's a good fit.)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping in, Anon!
Unchain My Heart is now my favorite song ever. When I first heard Bucky sing this song I got CHILLS. Can't wait to hear more. Wish it didn't take forever to get his new Cd out to the public. I hate the wait but I know it will be worth it.
ReplyDelete