Sunday, August 02, 2009

Sunday morning wake-up call: Bucky Covington's "I Want My Life Back" in Hillsboro (concert video)


Fresh and fantastic--this beautiful video from Friday's Marion County Fire Jam was captured by kansascoach1, and it features a windblown, striking performance of Bucky Covington's new hit "I Want My Life Back", some incredible spontaneous camera work, and a killer hat! Applause and kudos to the videographer--this one's a keeper. (The song's a keeper, too*; it's currently #35 with a bullet on the Mediabase charts, and we're looking for a countdown bump today...)

News post and a new-concert roundup next!--Winnie

*I love this song, y'all. Rough summer charts, no official music video (yet), whatever...it's a beauty, and Bucky sings it beautifully. It's exactly the sort of excellent work we all knew was coming way back in the "Thunder Rolls" Idol semi-final days of yore, and he and we can be very proud of this one, period. Just thought I'd throw that in! See you in a bit...

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:43 AM

    You and me both. Beautiful tune. Good mornin' neighbor! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Good morning to you, too, and I'm glad you enjoyed it--it definitely deserves to delight a lot more ears. :) Hope you're enjoying Sunday so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 AM

    Ok, it is Sunday afternoon and I have just gotten around to viewing that absolutely beautiful video from Marion Country Fire Jam. I have never seen anything like that . You know I love Bucky's hair blowing in the wind and I love Bucky in a cowboy hat but I alwasy thought those two were mutually exclusive. WOW, this video has captured Bucky at his very best vocally as well as drop-dead gorgeous. I just cannot take it. Please post this at least once a week until we get a "real" video for IWMLB!! BF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, BF--it'd be my pleasure! :) This video really is a charmer, isn't it? Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:15 PM

    WOW indeed!!! I can't hear the video..I think my sound card has died, but it looks great even without the sound. Great job with the camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon 4:15, I really hope you get a chance to hear it as well as see it again soon--the performance really is a standout, musically and visually. Thanks for stopping in and checking it out!

    ReplyDelete