Thursday, February 07, 2008

New at YouTube: "The Wall" and a surprise at Legends Corner...

Ivote graciously shares some great footage from Bucky Covington's set at the Tsongas Arena last weekend--click here for a rousing "The Wall", and pop into her YouTube profile for more from that terrific show. (Thanks to Ogopogo for the heads-up.)


And as a bonus, here's a fun surprise from an unexpected place--one of the great things about Nashville, as Bucky himself and many others have mentioned, is the chance to see some impromptu live sets from just about everyone you can imagine. Bucky joined talented singer/songwriter Nathan Douglas for a sweet acoustic "Should've Been a Cowboy" duet at Legends Corner on Christmas Eve--wonder if the tourists passing by the window behind them knew what they were missing? Enjoy! (Check out Nathan's "Driven" while you're there--great tune.)

Finally--you guessed it--be sure to give "It's Good to Be Us" some love in the form of a request at Lia, The Big Time with Whitney Allen, Danny Wright All Night, and After Midnite and/or your favorite local country DJ's show tonight. See you soon!---Winnie

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:25 PM

    How cool...the Nathan duet.... great find Ms. Buckymania! I love those sorta "Nashville" impromptus that I have heard tell about before….I would love to happen upon one someday that is for sure! Coolness! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both, Anon--what I really love about that clip (besides the fact that he and Nathan sound great together) is that it's terrific to see and hear Bucky just being a musician...no hype or frills in that clip, just two very talented guys with guitars singing to an appreciative Nashville crowd in the afternoon.

    (Not that the hype and frills aren't a lot of fun! They are. But this is a side of Bucky's musical world that it's really good to hear and see, as well.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:46 PM

    Speaking of The Wall....it is a..
    THE WALL

    Pink Floyd

    Capitol (1979)

    Rock (Album)

    ..2008 Grammy Hall of Fame Inductee..wonder if Bucky brought that to their attention.
    For more details check out:
    http://www.jivemagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17889

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Anon--I'm going to make your Jive forums link clickable:
    Jive Magazine thread/GRAMMY Hall of Fame

    Hope someone who was there can answer the question about Bucky's song intro. Very interesting class of 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:09 AM

    Why can't somebody like Bucky drop in at Legends when I am there? I have heard some good musicians there but no Bucky.

    ReplyDelete