Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday news: tour buzz (and some bonus fun), GAC video, Jammin' tomorrow and more

Click image to visit Mr. Clifton's beautiful photo gallery  Mike Clifton of Local Sports Online was on hand for Bucky Covington's concert at Wild Bill's in Atlanta in June, and his stunning gallery of shots from the show is an absolute must-see. Thanks again to Mr. Clifton for his incredible images--his contact info is available at the gallery link, and his beautiful work speaks for itself. Enjoy! Bucky Covington's debut CD is in stores now, and his music video is available for online viewing at CMT.com and Yahoo Music. You can buy Bucky's album at Amazon, Best Buy , iTunes, WalMart Music and Target, hear the full version of his single "A Different World" at CMT and GAC, or enjoy samples of songs from the CD at Bucky's official MySpace. An autographed copy of Bucky Covington can be ordered while supplies last at his official site or via his official fan club.

Bucky's upcoming "Raisin' the Bar" tour with Jason Michael Carroll and Cole Deggs and the Lonesome is causing quite a stir--it's on the front page news section at AmericanIdol.com today, as well as headline news at CMT and USA Today's Idol Chatter. And the always-excellent MJ's Big Blog has a front page feature that you won't want to miss--trust me on this one, y'all. Head over there now! We'll update that original tour press release post with links to venue sites very soon, so check back right here, too...

Want to get a headstart on that live concert experience? Here's where Bucky, Rocky, Shaun, Don and Hans will be rockin' the house tonight:

Friday, 09/07/2007, 7:00 p.m.
Fergie's Classic Grill and Bar
45 McElroy Pike
Lebanon, KY 40033

Website: http://www.fergiesclassicgrill.com/events.php
Ticket info: $20. "For ticket info please call (270) 692-9988 or (270) 590-1580"
Directions: Google map
Other info: Check out the venue's MySpace blog for more news about the show.


Several of Bucky's talented recap-writing, camera-toting fans will be in attendance this evening--there should be lots of great images and memories from the Lebanon show coming up all weekend long. Stay tuned! We'll add the usual links to our September Concert Roundup post and the tour page on Bucky's official site right here as well--grab your camera and a ticket and get ready to enjoy one of the hottest country concerts of the year!

And if you watched Bucky on GAC's Riverfront Concert Series special last night (lucky you!), you got to enjoy a lot of great CMA fest goodness--Bucky's performances of "It's Good to Be Us", "A Different World" and "Keep Your Hands to Yourself" were aired, and the general consensus is that this show is a big must see. It'll re-air tomorrow afternoon at 2:30 ET. Bucky's also part of the video interviews section on GAC's site; I can't see this at all, but whenever the words Bucky and interview hit the same sentence, the result is always a delight...

There's good news on the new-single front--"It's Good to Be Us" moved up a notch to #58 on both the Mediabase weighted and Top 500 charts this morning, and our friend Marzy kindly noted that the song's #3 on the Taking Off chart, with a very healthy growth in airtime. Your local country station might be playing it soon-- when you hear it, call up to say you loved it! (And if your station's already on board, why not put in a request?) WKML.com is a great place to start--the "Top 5 At 6" was graced with Bucky's new tune as the #2 most-requested song last night. Request Bucky at country@wkml.com (online listeners welcome) then tune in at 6 p.m. ET to see how he does!

And last but not least, if you're going to the WGAR Country Jam in Cleveland tomorrow, please drop a note in comments and let me know! I'll be there with my usual fuzzy camera skills (sorry, y'all) on Saturday--with any luck, I'll have some decent images for you come Saturday night. This'll be my first time hearing and seeing Bucky live since March (!) and my first ever concert with the full band on stage. You know I can't promise you a short recap, but I can say for sure that I am very, very excited about finally getting my own hometown show...

More soon--enjoy your Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:19 AM

    IG2BU up 1 spot on both charts #58

    #3 taking off chart
    spin increase of +86 500 chart

    ~m~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marzy! Lookin' good--will add this to today's post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:01 AM

    oh my, you are in for a treat if you haven't seen the full band perform! hopefully they will have worked out and play "fooled around and fell in love" this weekend. rawk!

    I'm not anonymous, I'm unknown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good time tomorrow Winnie! Squeeze him for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Unknown and Kathy! Unknown, that would be awesome--so they are really considering adding Elvin to the mix? I'd love it. Very much looking forward to the whole band--kinda feel like this is my first real show...

    And hi there Kathy--thanks! No meet and greet for this one, so I probably won't be able to deliver that squeeze--hope a wave and a cheer from the audience will do... :)

    (I am so excited, y'all! Wish me good luck with the camera...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Winnie - I've been PC-less. WOW - I have to go to the Allentown Show... 1hr 20. mins. why not... that's a breeze. I'm still on my job search, but now from home & the library (pc access). I'll check in when I can, and thanks again, for your blog.... I try and check my emails every few days. much love see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:59 PM

    Winnie, I'm hoping I get the chance to meet you tomorrow :) Laurianne

    ReplyDelete