Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ah, the suspense!

Well, the mood on some of the boards has been a little subdued at times, but it looks as though the mood chez Covington has been anything but. A fun bit from this morning's Richmond County Daily Journal:

Last week, in a stressed moment, Bucky called his stepmother, Tracey Covington, and said he was ready to come home. But rest assured, Richmond County and Bucky fans everywhere, the 28-year-old isn’t ready to call it quits.

If anything, the show has just begun for the nation’s most famous singing body shop worker.

“He told me today, ‘Daddy, I’m ready to go for it all now. I’m in the top 10...let’s go for it,’” his father, Gene Covington, said.

Crystal agreed.

“He seems to be more comfortable, so I feel a lot more comfortable,” she said. “He said he’s going to pull out some things, some little dance moves that he does at home. He’s going to see how America likes it.”

And Bucky is going 100 percent country--“Bucky style,” of course.

“I think he’ll do all right this week,” twin brother Rocky said. “He said he’s pretty confident with his song this week. He’s getting more used to the situation.

“He went out and got him a cowboy hat and got him some boots. He’s gonna do it Bucky style this time. He’s still fighting for number one. He says he’s gonna tear it up.
Sounds like we're going to get something definitely country--but perhaps not a ballad. (And a friend who's been watching the show a little longer and a lot more closely says I should try to find David Radford's "The Way You Look Tonight" performance, check out the balcony, and then get back to her about the dance moves. I'm mystified, but I'll do it--or y'all can leave a comment and tell me what she's talking about...)

More news as it happens--stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:05 AM

    Yes, be sure to enjoy the dance moves :-)

    Happy lunchtime! I will be voting for Bucky tonight. He is too cute to not be sticking around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Dina, is that you? "Get off my computah!" ;) )

    Thanks, gf--really, every vote counts (I think), so it's really appreciated. You're going to love listening to Bucky's debut CD on our next lil' roadtrip...

    Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete