Huge thanks to the very gracious Happydays
for sharing this message from Bucky at YouTube!
Today's the day! Bucky Covington's new single "I Want My Life Back" has officially hit country radio as of this morning, although there's a good chance you've already heard it a time or two in your neck of the woods. The video above says it all, and most of us have had tons of radio-ranch experience by now. But if you're just discovering Bucky, this terrific tune, or both, welcome! Here's a little info to help make your radio days brighter:
Haven't heard "I Want My Life Back" yet? Be sure to head on over to Bucky's official MySpace, listen and enjoy, add him as a friend and leave him a message of congrats.
Local radio love is a very good thing. If you're in Bakersfield (KUZZ), Florence/Myrtle Beach (WEGX), Eau Claire (WAXX) or quite a few other places where the song's gotten some sweet pre-release airtime, you have a great headstart on requesting. If not...well, Bucky's video message up there carries a valuable clue or two, no matter where you are...
Bucky Covington in concert during his first USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour Feb. 20 at the Kazabra Club on Vogelweh. Photo by Christine June, USAG Kaiserslautern. Our first radio whirlwind was two years ago--time sure has flown! In 2009, we've got some brand new options when it comes to connecting with radio. Many stations and individual DJs use Twitter to keep in touch with their listeners; check your local station's website for details and links, or use Twitter's handy search function to find your favorites. (Bonus: it's the easiest way ever to get and share hot news in short and sweet fashion via text or web.) Between touring and recording, busy Bucky's fairly quiet when it comes to Twittering, but you can follow him here, and he's on Facebook as well.
Yes.com is an old standby--see Bucky's airplay in real time, and look up your local station's playlist via the search box at top left. A new twist: Radiohog.com is a simplified, mobile-friendly spinoff of Yes.com, complete with lyrics; be sure to check their Tips and Tricks page to add the app to your iPhone or iPod Touch. Radiohog also has a new Twitterbot--tweet them with call letters and they'll reply with the name of the song that's playing on your chosen station. Very handy for the mega-curious...
Sadly, the daily public Mediabase charts we had so lovingly linked at left are a thing of the past, but the Pulse Music Board (not a fan site) has a busy Country sub-forum full of chartwatching, radio-savvy listeners. The weekly Radio and Records Country Singles chart is still public, and USAToday's Idol Chatter blog now features a Mediabase-based (sorry, that hyphenation sounds terrible!) Idol-specific chart each week.
And of course, Lia, The Big Time with Whitney Allen, and After Midnite, XM/Sirius The Highway and the rest of your favorite syndicated shows are all very eager to hear what you think of Bucky's new tune...
Finally, catch up with all the latest on Bucky at his official site and via his very dedicated fans. Buckytown USA has concert info (if you haven't seen Bucky live, go!), fresh photos and more, Buck Wild has stunning support graphics and news, and both feature links to many more fan-created goodies. If you're eager for conversation and networking, two new spots have popped up: the new CMT Group for Bucky Covington and Bucky World at Ning are just the tip of the iceberg.
(Apologies-- this post was a bit long-winded as usual, and I still feel like I've left out a lot of info--please feel free to add any and all resources in comments, and I'll gladly add them to the post. Buckymania's still semi-closed and I've been way out of the news loop, but I'm truly excited about the new single and album and all the new fans visiting here, so I'll try to pop in now and then. Stay safe and happy, and I'll see you for the #1 celebration!--Winnie)
We love your comments and info. You can never be too longwinded about Bucky and his career. Thank you for the detailed way we can support Bucky and his new hit "I Want My Life Back"!diver
ReplyDeleteLove hearing from you. Thank you for the twitter links very interesting and after reading them looks like Bucky had been in a few dog fights and test tracks that we are not getting heads up on early enough. These are important spins. If anyone knows about these ahead of time please post it somewhere. I know at one time there was a threat on BCO. But we need a way to get the word out a little quicker if you have any suggestions. Thanks
ReplyDeleteHey, Diver--thank you and hope the info helps! There seem to be a lot of new-found fans around the net and I hope they have as much fun supporting the single as we always do... :)
ReplyDeleteAnon, thanks and hi! You're right-Twitter is a great way to get some instant updates on things like test tracks. Twitter feeds can go straight to your phone--guess that would be the absolute quickest way to know what's up! I'm not a techie but will try to find out more; meanwhile, it'll be fun to see how much closer Twitter brings radio and listeners together.
http://workdaywithjj.blogspot.com/2009/04/bucky-covington-is-co-hosting-my-11.html
ReplyDeleteThanks, Anon! It's out front. :)
ReplyDeleteWinnie!! Are you back? I mean, is Buckymania back? I've missed it and it's been a real treat the last couple of weeks to see some action over here!
ReplyDelete~Rachel68005
Hey, Rachel! How goes? You know, that is a good question, and thanks for your very kind words. Ready for a typically long-winded answer? :)
ReplyDeleteThe project I took on last May was a total blast, but I really missed writing Buckymania, and it was a bummer not blogging during the rise of "I'll Walk" to the upper reaches of the country charts.
Things sure have changed since Buckymania got going in 2006! Between my newest writing projects and Bucky's very busy new success story, there's no way I could keep up the old posting pace. Besides, Bucky's news and publicity fronts are well taken-care of by professionals at Lyric Street/MCN/0-Seven and by some extremely talented fans and friends with new sites and blogs, so at this point Buckymania is a little redundant.
However...it's pretty clear I'll be unable to resist the temptation to pop in and post now and then when especially hot news hits the wires. (I can't promise I'll always be the first with the updates, but I'll definitely be enthusiastic. :) Bucky's got the sweetest fans ever, and I am so happy to have met so many great people through this blog--it's awesome seeing you here. So the answer is...part-time, maybe!