Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Quick Wednesday news: sweet 17 again, and a call for info in Birmingham (updated)


By request, Bucky Covington on stage at the Wildhorse Saloon in Nashville, 11/17; click here to see more fantastic photos by our talented friend Honeygirl.

We know for sure that Dierks Bentley's Throttle Wide Open tour begins in Gainesville tomorrow night, and it should be a blast! That said, there's a bit of mystery (Solved! See below) about the 4/4 Birmingham show. Opening acts for that date aren't listed on the concert page at Dierks' site, nor on the Ticketmaster page for the show, and the concert isn't listed on Bucky Covington's tour page at post time, but Luke Bryan will definitely be there, according to Luke's official site.

However, WZZL lists all three talented gentlemen--Dierks, Bucky and Luke-- as part of the show on the 4th. (WZZL also has a presale password for tomorrow, as well as details on a ticket giveaway that includes a pair of front row seats, so check out their event page now and keep listening!)

Edited to add an update from the very (very!) kind Buckyflowers, who spoke with the venue this morning: "I called the BJCC and I was told YES, Mr. Bucky Covington will be on stage with Dierks and Luke. Pre-sales start tomorrow but there is a password and you have to be registered at All Access program at BJCC.org before they will send you an E-Blast to order tickets." That BJCC All Access program is free, by the way--sign up now if you're interested in tomorrow's presale. A million thanks to Buckyflowers for solving the mystery!

Another fun note about the Throttle Wide Open shows, courtesy of Steve Cook's excellent site and journal; the performance order will be Luke, Bucky, then Dierks, and the bus will be decked out in its Zippo regalia for the occasion. Look for a snazzy new backdrop, as well. (Thanks, Anon.)


Chart news: "It's Good to Be Us" is back up to #17 on the Mediabase weighted and Top 500 charts this morning--nice to see an upward move. Keep requesting, y'all! A plump bullet is a beautiful thing, and we'll need that extra oomph going into the next few days, when some stations may have special Valentine's Day themed programming planned. (Good thing Bucky's single fits right into the "happy love song" mix...)

Upcoming shows: Other than the Birmingham mini-mystery, nothing new to report--but what's on the horizon is pretty exciting, indeed.
Seats for most dates on Dierks Bentley's Throttle Wide Open tour are available now at Ticketmaster. Tickets for the Jackson, TN Dierks Bentley concert on April 3rd can be purchased at the City of Jackson site. That Machine Shop show in Flint, MI on 2/22 promises to be a wild time, with Bucky and his excellent band as the headliners and an intimate, 18-and-over club atmosphere; tickets can be purchased at www.etix.com.

Jason Michael Carroll, Bucky Covington and Cole Deggs on stage at the Wildhorse Saloon in Nashville, 11/17. Photo by Honeygirl--click to see more!

On the tube and around the net: The CMT Online Awards, featuring Bucky's "No. 1 Streamed Video by a New Artist" win, will repeat on CMT in the wee hours of Friday morning (at 1:30 a.m. ET), and again on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. ET. "It's Good to Be Us" will brighten your day at 11:11 ET this morning, and at 6:34 ET this evening on GAC.

Online, enjoy a handy, simple and smart suggestion for effective requesting at of The Covington Times, along with beautiful photos by the very kind Hildi and by Amylyn24o.

An apology to the folks at the Erwin Record (not "Ervin"-- whoops!) for scrambling the name of their publication--however, I'm glad to have a chance to mention their excellent Country's Chatter blog again. The photo of Bucky in the 2/10 post there was taken at the Appalachian Fair last summer, and he'll be in the area again this summer for the Washington County Fair in Abington, VA. (Those sunny days full of live country music are just around the corner...)


Click here to vote for Bucky Covington in the 2008 CMT Music Awards!


Vote for Bucky: Hey, guess what? Bucky Covington is nominated for a beautiful belt-buckle trophy in the 2008 CMT Music Awards. (Yes, I will be nagging encouraging everyone about this every day--it's that important/huge/major, y'all.) If you haven't done so already, register at CMT and vote for Bucky now in the "USA Weekend Breakthrough Video" category, then recruit a couple of hundred of your nearest friends to join the fun.

The Country Weekly "Country's Hottest Bachelor" survey is winding down soon (so get those votes in now) and the "consolation round" in the Idol Madness playoffs is in full swing, as well.

Check out Pure 12 Pack on CMT.com.  See show times, episodes and vote on your favorite videos.We'll wrap it up with the handy daily video voting links--give "It's Good to Be Us" some affection at GAC's Top 20 Country Countdown, at CMT's Top 20 Countdown and CMT's Pure Country Pure 12-Pack. (Today's the last day for this week's 12-Pack voting, so feel free to stop in as often as you can...)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 AM

    OK, Ms. Buckymania...I do anything I can for you...I called the BJCC and I was told YES, Mr. Bucky Covington will be on stage with Dierks and Luke. Pre-sales start tomorrow but there is a password and you have to be registered at all access program at BJCC.org before they will send you an E-Blast to order tickets. I assume this is the same thing you get if you registered are on Dierks Fansite. Anyhow...there you go..straight from the BJCC's mouth!!BF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buckyflowers, bless you! May a thousand sweet and happy Bucky-related karmic goodness-type-things grace your travels... :)

    Really, there was a little mystery about that show, and it's good to have the mystery solved. I will update out front with your info in a moment.

    Thank you so very much--you are a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:02 AM

    What is so funny is that she said that she had just put his name down or updated it or something. So it was still mysterious even when I got a yes about Bucky...
    BF :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:07 AM

    Winnie..I am going to try to ease into your savvy techy world..please tell me which openID you think I should get...I am so nervous about this but I need to quit being anon. If you do not feel comfortable about promoting on over another just please send me an email. BF

    ReplyDelete
  5. A clear-cut case of "all's well that ends well"...happy that Bucky's Birmingham fans have a great night of music to look forward to, even if there was a little fogginess about the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey - I'm REALLY disappointed. I have two tkts to Bucky's (& Dierks') concert in Gainesville for tomorrow (Valentine's Day!)

    I have had MAJOR complications in getting from Dallas to Florida so I am not going to be able to go.

    If any "lucky Bucky" fan can put my tickets to good use - please tell me how to find them.

    thanks so much -
    Cindy :-(
    (My most special Valentine's Day ever - gone....)
    (will FedEx tkts with a pre-paid number from recipient)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO DISAPPOINTED!!

    I have two tickets to Bucky's (& Dierks') concert tomorrow night (Valentine's Day!) in Gainesville, Florida.

    Due to logistic frustrations, I won't be able to travel from Dallas to Gainesville for the show, after all.

    If some Lucky-Bucky-fan can put these tickets to use, I'd be willing to Fed Ex them today (with the recipient's pre-paid Fed Ex #)

    I could just cry. (& did!)

    Let me know if there is another blog or location I could get more exposure for potential 'lucky-bucky-fans'.

    Thank you so much -
    Cindy :-(
    Heartbroken Bucky 'groupie' :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops - sorry for the duplicate message ... (I'm a rookie blogger)
    :-)

    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, BF! I am so srry I missed your note about becoming an ex-Anon--it's been a crazy morning (including a very unscheduled visit by a repairman--yikes!)

    The Open ID thing is for anyone who has a blog or journal or ID on another major site (Wordpress, Live Journal, AIM, Typepad, etc.) It's new today and I'm not sure exactly how it works, to be honest, but if you'd like to use a handle here that you use in one of those places, I think you can click that radio button and it'll give you a sign in form--then your name will be linked to your profile on those pages. I think! Will test it out and report back.

    In the meantime, you can always use the button that says "Name?URL" without filling in a URL (or link your name to BCO or another site you'd like to promote.)

    Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy--oh no! I am so sorry to hear that--will they be doing a show closer to you that you can go to? I really hope so, butI sure wish you could be there in Gainesville. You're very kind to think of helping out another Bucky fan!

    I will post the info out front, but it'll work best if you have an email address where the those interested can contact you directly. (If you'd rather not use your rpimary email, maybe a quick one at Yahoo or Hotmail would be a good idea.)

    Aslo, if you're on MySpace, a bulltin to your friends list is a good way to get any news out fast...I just wish you could go.

    Sigh. Take care and may that tour bus get to you ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please email me at buckystuck@hotmail.com if you are interested in tickets to see Bucky on Valentine's Day (Gainesville, FL)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy, thanks for the email address--I put your information in the Coffee Break post, and I hope someone contacts you soon. Take care and thanks for your thoughfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your help ...
    and your Bucky site!! It's the best. Cindy

    ReplyDelete